PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Deer Hare Caddis

Moderator: Viking Lars

t.z.
Answers: 0

Deer Hare Caddis

Post by t.z. »

enjoy (or not)

http://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/s ... are-caddis

Maybe I should have mentioned placing flies next to old socks as a good trick to make them smell just right .... :ninja:
Neil Owens

Deer Hare Caddis

Post by Neil Owens »

very nice. As a beginner it's nice to know flies don't need to be neat, tidy or complicated to catch fish. Last weekend my attempt at a 3am klinkhammer got me one of the best days fishing I've ever had.

And while I've got lots of milk I've no vodka. We need to be better organised!
t.z.

Deer Hare Caddis

Post by t.z. »

Neil Owens wrote:very nice. As a beginner it's nice to know flies don't need to be neat, tidy or complicated to catch fish. Last weekend my attempt at a 3am klinkhammer got me one of the best days fishing I've ever had.

And while I've got lots of milk I've no vodka. We need to be better organised!
Thanks. :-)

Well, I believe it takes more of a fisherman to tie a good scruffy fly which catches fish than a neat tidy thing which seems just coming form an Orvis catalogue. It´s like music ... it does not take much to play bog standard top 40 stuff, but improvised music like jazz is a very different story all together.

To learn tying techniques it is essential to tie some neat stuff too, but than divert from it again. The Klinkhamer is such a fly. It is very neat and tidy and when mastered one can do it even when having had few to many.

I am very happy to hear that my babbling motivates and get´s folks to the vice and catch fish. This is what is all about - fishing a selv-made fly is totally different experience than chucking a shop bought thing to a fish. The amount of thought which has gone into it makes all the difference.

It would be nice to see some pics of the flies and the fish you caught.

Return to “Flytying”