PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

loops

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

jarmo
Answers: 1

loops

Post by jarmo »

Paul Arden wrote:Soon Lee sees a few things his own way.
So are you saying thrusting doesn’t help? Not questioning anyone’s knowledge here, I haven’t tried it.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

loops

Post by Paul Arden »

Thrusting can help! It was the other stuff I was having problens with. :D eg increased CF caused by early loading.

Thrusting can straighten the tip path as the rod unloads. Pull-back can have a similar effect.

Thrusting has been in and out of fashion. I can’t think of anyone I know at the moment who uses it. Lasse and I made some experiments many years ago where we found it gave some benefits when casting into the wind.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
jarmo
Answers: 1

loops

Post by jarmo »

Paul Arden wrote:Thrusting can help! It was the other stuff I was having problems with. :D
Ok, thanks.
troutman41
Answers: 0

loops

Post by troutman41 »

Dia dhuit Mike, thank you for that info.This week is going to be learn how to video myself casting.I no absolutely nothing about it.But as friends have often said "when you get something into your fucking head......... "
Slainte Andy
Boisker

loops

Post by Boisker »

I’ve been messing about applying a thrust at the end of the cast when trying to cast low and fast underneath something... from watching one of the vids in Italian casting style.
I’ve been practicing casting the leader straight under a picnic bench, front to back, about 18” gap. The thrust when I get the timing right definitely helps, but it may be nothing more than a side effect- through helping by pointing the rod tip and trajectory right under the table... it also appears as though it tightens the loop.
troutman41

loops

Post by troutman41 »

The "Shoot" that Paul sent arrived and I tried it out,works great.Thank you very much Paul.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

loops

Post by Paul Arden »

You’re welcome mate. One of the last few bottles. I’ll have some more made up at some point!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
aldear

loops

Post by aldear »

Throwing off-plane looks better for the camera.
Isn't this all that really matters? :D
Paul Arden
Site Admin

loops

Post by Paul Arden »

Ha :p

Not where I fish. I use very high speed shots and check the shoot. If I tilt the loop plane the fly overpowers. In fact it’s a technical around babies shot that I utilise sometimes.

I’m a firm believer in teaching to cast directly over the tip first and then all planes.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”