PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Greeting and salutations from the UK!

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

Greeting and salutations from the UK!

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all very well indeed!

My name is Nick, and i have been fly fishing for some 15 years now (i'm 23) and i absolutely love it. Dare i say it, i actually prefer the casting to the fishing! :pirate: I currently fish for trout at a local club in the midlands. I used to fish for salmon and sea trout when i lived "tup north" in the UK, but had to move back down to the sunny midlands. Amazing fishing up there.

I am a professional pianist, and I also tune pipe organs for a very well known firm, and i get to go to some amazing churches, cathedrals, concert halls and PRIVATE HOUSES! believe it or not. I'm not mad enough to have an organ in the house, i don't think the neighbours would approve. :whistle: It's bad enough that i bash out some Rachmaninoff on the piano. I wonder if there are any other musicians on here?

I wish everyone the best.

Kind regards

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Greeting and salutations from the UK!

Post by Paul Arden »

Blimey. Hard to imagine having an organ in your house :D You’re going to need a big house for that!

Over the years we’ve had quite a few musicians. A couple of professional drummers. Three actually. And of course Zoran’s legendary guitar playing. Dead Caddis Dave. One of the Graemes liked to have a few drinks and take over the bar with the piano :D I’ve often thought a Sexyloops band would be a riot.

I usually much prefer fishing to casting, but it depends on the fishing! And also a little bit according to how much I’ve done it. There always comes a point for me when it’s time to change fish.

Welcome to the Board, Nick!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Welcome along Nick. It sounds like you're living the dream! :)
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thinking of organ music reminds me of when one of the pirate radio stations (Caroline, I think) used to sign off. There would be 5 minutes of Toccata and Fugue in D minor but with a whole bunch of ducks quacking in the background. I used to stay awake until 2.30am just to hear it. :D

How the hell did you get into that?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

I have always thought about building one for myself, don't have the time i'm afraid! I could make a small continuo organ, but that's a bit of a chore!

Haha! It would be, especially with the technology in 5G, everyone can play together no matter where they are in the world, pretty awesome.

Never thought of it like that, Paul. I'm getting a bit bored of trout now, that's why i moved onto sea trout and salmon!

Thank you for the welcome!
Graeme H wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:10 am Welcome along Nick. It sounds like you're living the dream! :)
Thank you, Graeme! I do enjoy my jobs. Although i'd much prefer to fish 24/7!

Brilliant! something that is lacking in this day and age :cool: Well! I used to be the organ scholar at my secondary school, and i met the tuner. It kind of progressed from there, and the passion for organs kept going right the way through from secondary school to uni! I started working for them straight after. Don't play as much anymore which is a shame. The most famous one i've worked on is probably the new organ for Canterbury cathedral! It really is a cool job.

All the best!

Nick
Nick M

piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Welcome Nick!
It's nice to see other musicians here. I play surdo drums in the band Yakumbé since twenty years now and the drum set for another 20 in various punk bands. We're on Spotify if you care to have a listen.

nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

piffilus wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:33 pm Welcome Nick!
It's nice to see other musicians here. I play surdo drums in the band Yakumbé since twenty years now and the drum set for another 20 in various punk bands. We're on Spotify if you care to have a listen.

Hello! Thank you very much, excellent stuff! It is very Ladysmith Black Mambazo esque, i really like it. Cracking stuff.

I only play Baroque, classical, modern and jazz now. I really do like gigging. I used to be in a Jazz band, but we split up! :ninja:

Cracking spotify by the way :pirate:

All the best!

Nick
Nick M

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

A punk band with an organist. That would be something!

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 pm A punk band with an organist. That would be something!
The Stranglers comes to mind :D
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Brilliant! :D :laugh:
Nick M

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”