PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Any fellow Pro photographers/ sound engineers?

Moderator: JanMan

t.z.
Answers: 0

Re: Any fellow Pro photographers/ sound engineers?

Post by t.z. »

Viking Lars wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 pm Jeeez, T.Z - don't blame me... If you did what I told you, you'd have Nikon :-).

L
Whattt? You said canon and told me which lenses. ;) anyway- Canon5d now and other lenses though.
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hello TZ! I am based in the UK, the West Midlands. Haha! I'm sure you must be good! :sorcerer:

Ahh, a fellow sound engineer! I set up a line array system with delay towers the other day, it was such a pain as the last person to borrow the equipment didn't reverse coil the speakon cables, so some of them were broken......... It was a very nice Martin audio system. :ninja:

In all honesty, Paul, filming, and editing is one of my least favourite things! I used to do a lot of wildlife, and i really couldn't be asked to sift through all the photos and edit them, making sure to set the black point, white point, white balance etc. It drove me mad! I do pride myself in composition, and i never crop in post. If you did this in the film days, you would have to send it to someone which cost money! Also another little nugget i can give you about wildlife photography is teleconverters! A lot of people use them incorrectly. They are not designed to magnify something far away, they are actually used to reduce depth of field for artistic isolation. But i digress!

Absolutely no problem filming them, Paul. It's like photography, i absolutely love taking photos, but the editing side of it really doesn't appeal to me :pirate: it does come with the territory, though!

All the best

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

nicholasfmoore wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:12 pm Hello TZ! I am based in the UK, the West Midlands. Haha! I'm sure you must be good! :sorcerer:

Ahh, a fellow sound engineer! I set up a line array system with delay towers the other day, it was such a pain as the last person to borrow the equipment didn't reverse coil the speakon cables, so some of them were broken......... It was a very nice Martin audio system. :ninja:
Yes, Martin Audio is a very good brand. My good friend and colleague Jim Cousins, now retired, was head of design there for many years. His main work was the MLA system. At Meyer Sound we worked together for many years and later doing sound system design classes for Rational Acoustics.

I just got back from teaching at the Kristiansand concert house. Amazing hall. The acoustics and architecture are stunning. https://www.rationalacoustics.no/smaart ... gust-2019/

Now I’m back fishing 🎣 ;)
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

They do make some cracking stuff! Oh dam that's awesome! I will have a look at that link, where abouts are you fishing? It's been awful for us this year as the temperature has been terrible!

All the best

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

nicholasfmoore wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 pm They do make some cracking stuff! Oh dam that's awesome! I will have a look at that link, where abouts are you fishing? It's been awful for us this year as the temperature has been terrible!

All the best

Nick
I fish and host/guide at my own place - https://www.skalestrommen.no We had few warm days too but it didn't affect the fishing at all as the water is always cold enough. We caught Arctic char on dries in the evenings despite day temps of 28 C.

Cheers,
Thomas

Return to “Photography”