PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Sexyloops Gathering 2020

Moderator: Paul Arden

Boisker
Answers: 0

Re: Sexyloops Gathering 2020

Post by Boisker »

Well if you opt for Sweden looks like I won’t be getting drunk :D
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Paul. Did you think about the fact that for some people the WC and Sexyloops Gathering, one after the other, might not be possible due to family, free days or money?

Cheers, Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes they could be separated. But I was also thinking about Board members travelling for the WCs; if they are close together then some may be able to make both. In my case, I plan to be in Europe for 4-6 weeks so they can be spread. But if someone like John or Mike could attend then I would really like to see if we can make that happen.

That would be one benefit of Sweden. Although flying to Bosnia might actually be cheaper and of course might also make the trip a bit more special.

Technically SL birthday is 22 September. :)

But it is an excellent point. If our guys can’t make it, even with only a week’s separation, then they should be further apart.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Maybe you can start a poll. Is that possible with the current Board software?

Cheers, Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes it is but I’d rather have a discussion about It first to find out what’s possible :pirate: With a plan to finalise dates and venue in the next two weeks. Thai might be the most organised meet we’ve ever had :D

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

I am interested in attending the meeting. Bosnia sounds cool. But I think I might have to skip the trip to fish with Stefan this summer then, that I have loosely planned to do instead of messing around with Paul in the jungle. It depends on my economy.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Boisker wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:11 pm Well if you opt for Sweden looks like I won’t be getting drunk :D
Booze and beer isn't that expensieve in Sweden 😲

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 am Yes it is but I’d rather have a discussion about It first to find out what’s possible :pirate: With a plan to finalise dates and venue in the next two weeks. Thai might be the most organised meet we’ve ever had :D
Promises promises 😉
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m thinking that week around 22nd September. That’s actually a Tuesday. We can have a weekend gathering, let’s say 19/20? I will personally plan to spend a week there - slightly more; the fishing is well worth it. There is two main rivers about one hour from each other.

First up is the Pliva. I think that this is the best base for the Meet because there is lots of outdoor grassy areas for shootout and casting stuff, all close to the river. The river really opens up the possibility for on the water presentations. So that should be our base.

The Pliva itself is gin clear. It’s “technical”, much more of a nymphing water than the Ribnik. Catching a big fish on the Pliva is really an excellent achievement. It’s hard for sure. It’s my favourite of the two.

By comparison the Ribnik is easier. It’s still not easy, but dries work and if you can French Nymph this river can really provide a lot of fish. I actually go to Bosnia for two reasons; one is I like to catch up with friends there and two to learn and improve my FN techniques. If you can’t FN before you come you will certainly do so before you leave!

But it’s much more than that; at this time of year streamers can work well. I don’t normally say this, but I am pretty ok with streamers and will give a presentation! It’s funny I know people who FN who don’t consider streamer fishing to be “fly fishing” :D I like to “feed the fish” with streamers. In fact I like to feed all the fish... but that’s another story :D

It’s a new moon 17th September which makes the weekend perfect for a lumiline nights!

Zagreb is the closest airport. It’s quite a run from there. I can organise a private bus. The other option is car hire which will certainly give you some serious flexibility. I’ll most probably drive down from Hungary.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Goof stuff Paul... I’ll provisionally blank out the dates. Although we may still book to go to NZ for 6 weeks Feb 21, in which case I doubt finances will allow.
Where exactly is the ‘base’ accommodation... although Zagreb is closest airport I’d probably book whatever the cheapest combo of flight and car hire is, driving through a new country is always fun!
I’d aim to have a few extra fishing days, either before the weekend or following on.

Cheers
Matt

Return to “Announcements”