PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Lock down days!

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Viking Lars
Answers: 0

Lock down days!

Post by Viking Lars »

I thought we could start sharing what we do if we're in any state of lock down. Here in Denmark, many workplaces have been shut down and most are operating on minimum personnel. We're advised to stay home and only go out for shopping, the pharmacist and if one needs to get in contact with the health care system.

I have been doing some leather work and finished this fly wallet with a Wheatley clip plate. I've made a few of these for friends (and finally started one for myself) and they're all really happy with them.

Next it's work from home together with the rest of the family (wife and two kids - aged 10 and 15 - that's going to be fun... :p ).

What're y'all doing?

Lars
Attachments
Billede 15.03.2020 15.48.33.jpg
Billede 15.03.2020 15.48.42.jpg
Boisker

Re: Lock down days!

Post by Boisker »

My wife was ill the week before last... flu symptoms... she’s fine now, but I am still in isolation until Wednesday...
Even after that I’ll be mostly working from home...
Self-isolating on the river is still perfectly acceptable over here... so tomorrow, Tues and Wed I’ll be fishing where there is no public access
No kids at home which is a bonus :D
Even before the virus it’s been such a wet winter I have done nothing but tie flies, I’ve currently got enough to take me into 3035 :D
Keep healthy all :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m on the lake. Not planning on going anywhere soon. Malaysia is truly locked down. I have a guest here who is struggling to get home!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Geenomad

Post by Geenomad »

Viking Lars wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:11 pm I thought we could start sharing what we do if we're in any state of lock down.
Hi Lars
It's a bloody good thought. We are all going to need all the community we can get. Sharing and supporting will hopefully become a lot more popular.

Personally, the home gym will re-opened for a regular programme. Preparations are underway for several woodwork, gardening and home maintenance projects. Flies will be tied. Casting practice to be kept up. There will be family and friends to look out for.

Cheers
Mark
"The line of beauty is the result of perfect economy." R. W. Emerson.
https://thecuriousflycaster.com
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s funny Richard was desperate to get away! :D Nice chap and I hope he does because while I enjoy his company for 5 days, after three weeks I might kill him :D

This country has been locked down for about a week now. I have enough petrol for about a week to ten days. Only about five days of food though. And essential items like beer and jungle juice are very limited. I guess that will see me on a Virus Run to town in a few days.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Mark - gardening is out of the question here as our dump sites are also closed :-). I'll be tying flies and probably begin restoration work on a friend's kitchen knife as well. Piffen sent me some very nice chunks of wood that'll yield several knife handles, so I'll use that for the first time.

Lars
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Lars - it will be interesting to see what you come up with, with the wood. Here in Sweden it's still quite relaxed, collective traffic running as usual, though a lot less people using it. Only gymnasium (college?) schools for pupils 16 and up and higher education are closed but that may change next week since they have changed the law for elementary school last week. People are still asked to work from home if possible but I don't fall into that category as a gardener.... Hearing about more surveillance from governments around the countries, for example Austria having fines of 25000 euro if breaking curfew and having the right to check people's GPS to see where they have been earlier sounds a bit scary.

Stay safe friends around the world!
Cheers, Piffen
jarmo
Answers: 1

Post by jarmo »

Interesting times indeed. I wonder if an alien contact will still happen during my lifetime.

For our family this will be a marathon, no doubt about it. Many weeks of isolation.

Anyway, now more work than usual, teaching remotely (not casting), which is somewhat challenging, and naturally a blessing in current economy. Later, had plans to do a lot of SH and DH instructing and to fish up north, all of which are likely to be out of window now. Instead, MCI training (just returned from the lawn), fishing locally, trying to keep everyone in good spirit.

And watching casting and fishing videos. More of those, please!
steelehead

Post by steelehead »

Crazy times! Although trout season just opened a few days ago in Germany, I couldn't yet make it to the river - been busy working from home and organizing the lockdown. I never liked "zombie apocalypse" movies, but this comes close - my fellow germans keep stashing toilet paper and flour; probably the most important things to have in isolation. ;)
Although my fly boxes are filled for the next centuries of angling, I tied some more nymph patterns to match whatever hatch there might be.

Stay healthy, stay positive - go fishing, if possible.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Just for the record my niece has it (early teens) and seems fine - slight fever - she had a school trip to France and 40% of the class caught it. I expect my sister and her partner and his son to all get it too. They are isolated from our older folks. It’s the older people with health issues that need to be protected.

Better stock up on toilet paper!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”