PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

[Fuck] Lock down days!

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

[Fuck] Lock down days!

Post by Paul Arden »

Yeah I just thought I would start an anti-thread on the same subject so that we can disagree with ourselves.

Now look, I’ve never been on lock down but locked out - many times. In fact I’ve spent my life choosing to be locked out ever since I was old enough to be locked out.

So here are some tips...

1 if you find yourself talking to yourself.

Perfectly normal dude.

2. You are running out of food but worried about heading to the supermarket which has none anyway?

Eat the cat.

3. Where is my fishing?

You should not be living that close to a population environment anyway. Sell your house, quit your job and join me in the jungle (but not this one; find your own jungle, far away from me - but visit me occasionally, from time to time).

5. We are all going to die. Why should I be scared?

Exactly. I’ve died at least once in my lifetime already and I’m still alive. Far out, I know. It had a big personality change on me at the time - dying and coming back to life - but that’s about all you have to worry about.

And it’s good to change personalities. Keeps us fresh.

Oh yeah I saw whinge-book post that one shouldn’t go fishing lest one falls over and breaks a leg and has to overtax the health service or some shit at this time...

6. Don’t go fishing if you are a wanker.

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Re: [Fuck] Lock down days!

Post by Paul Arden »

Stocking up for one month of provisions tomorrow. And then I’m going to head somewhere remote. I have a hidden place that sometimes gets Internet coverage. If it’s not strong enough to upload a Front Page I’ll have to have a rethink. We have understandably very little activity in the shop at the moment and Lars has offered to help keep the FPs rolling.

If I stand on the roof on one leg with the phone stuck to my head, I might just get reception.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Carol
Answers: 0

Post by Carol »

Yeah, Colorado just got a "Stay at Home" order that went into effect at 6 am MDT today. (And to think I just renewed my fishing license yesterday!) So the problem is that you can get somewhere remote to avoid contact with people, but then it's too remote for contact with people? Are there signal boosters for that?

I loved the video you sent of the COVID "shopper" and have shared it with several, but it would seem that very few "got it." Must be the Scot in me because I'm still laughing.

FFI canceled all events through July and put the CCI exam scheduled for September in Denver "on hold." JW will not be giving any lessons except through video until at least April 12, at which time he'll re-visit the situation. This makes it harder to get ready for the test, but reading the boards will get the head in the right place. Now to get my cheapo GoPro knock-off working so I can take videos.
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Signal booster actually might work where I’m thinking of, but I don’t have one :D Navigated the army sub machine gun checkpoints, slipped back to the boat at night fall. Just one more hurdle and I’m free!! :yeahhh:

September is plenty of time. I’m sure you can get lots of help from the Board. Over the years hundreds of instructors have been born through this forum - literally (numbers literally, figuratively born). If you shoot some video we can have a look.

Waiting until the wee hours and then I’ll navigate the lake by feel. 😷

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

How deep is the Battleship in the water? Can you get close to islands or do have to use another boat for that?
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Can beach on islands no problems. It’s very high in the water. Easiest access will be to reverse. The only problems with beaching on islands is a potential ant invasion! :D 😷

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Yeah, the Battleship ant wars is something to avoid. Better to anchor a bit outside and take the Ronan ashore then.

So where do you you hang out and can you fish at all? I was thinking away past Creepy Island, where we saw all those Gouramis that didn't eat or the other side of lake where you had to pass a narrow sound, going from Ant Island.

Be safe and don't get caught by the military.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Around Millipede Island is remote enough. Not quite that far because I need the odd Internet connection. But away from the main routes around the lake. I’m pretty chilled out now. Came down in the dark, which was quite an adventure. I reckon I’m good for 3-4 weeks. Hopefully they lift lockdown mid April. We shall see.

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Ok. I saw quite a lot of Orang Asli passing there last time but maybe they don't go that much now? Have you got a good light on the Battleship for navigating in the dark?

Cheers, Piffen
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Sort of. I’ve fitted a spot/flood lamp to the Rocket and the Battleship. But you can’t navigate around the lake with it on - you won’t know where you are! It’s just for parking, travelling between stumps. I navigate by the outline of the hills and islands etc. Sometimes the stars. With the light on you only see what is illuminated immediately in front of the boat and get completely lost :)

I actually had to use GPS twice while escaping last weekend. Thank goodness I did. Normally I’m fine but being enclosed makes a huge difference. Will try not to drive too much at night unless the moon is up. I was hoping to shift zones in the dark but it takes more concentration than it’s worth.

Don’t think I’ll be moving much for a month. But we will see. Snakehead appear to be in lock-down.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”