PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

T38 lines

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

T38 lines

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi folks,

I’ve been trying to get a T38 line for Alejandro in Spain. John said to try contacting Josef Dolezal of the ICSF but I haven’t been able to get hold of him. I’ve tried SA, RIO but no luck. Does anyone who anywhere else? If we can get the specs I will happily have some made up so that we always have them.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Thomas_E
Answers: 0

Re: T38 lines

Post by Thomas_E »

Hi,

Heinz Maire-Hensge told me, the new ones (orange) are made by airflofishing.com
These should also be officially approved.

Cheers,
Thomas
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Hi Paul,

have you tried to phone him?
https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/organ ... ive-board/

I could ask Kurt, but last time Kurt said, that Josef is now responsible for the fly line distribution.

@Thomas,
that's true but AFAIK they sell only to the ICSF and the ICSF has to order batches of lines.

Thanks,
Torsten
Paul Arden wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:36 pm Hi folks,

I’ve been trying to get a T38 line for Alejandro in Spain. John said to try contacting Josef Dolezal of the ICSF but I haven’t been able to get hold of him. I’ve tried SA, RIO but no luck. Does anyone who anywhere else? If we can get the specs I will happily have some made up so that we always have them.

Cheers, Paul
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Hi Paul,

The 38 and 120 gram lines are made under contract by barstool for the ICSF. Josef is a medical researcher so he is no doubt very busy at the moment. He will get back to you. I will be ordering some lines when restrictions are lifted so will send an email in June. If Alejandro needs one more urgently, I'll have a look through my stuff and see what I have and send him one if I can. Let me know how you go.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks John! Sometimes my emails don’t get through because they are sexy. I must get my belum flyfishing site up and running. :D

I’m told that the reason SA stopped producing them was because the ICSF kept changing the specs! I would be happy to place an order with SA or RIO and hold stock of practise lines for T38 competition. I will do this for no profit. They can then be purchased at cost plus shipping. But I will need to current line specs to do this :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

I thank Paul for opening this thread, and I am even more grateful to those of you who are trying to help me.

My old T38 is completely destroyed. Currently transformed into a T34 with several patches and no front taper.

A few months ago, I started looking for a replacement. But in the last ten years the Spanish Fishing and Casting Federation has completely forgotten about casting, especially fly casting, and almost only organizes fishing competitions. Currently it seems that no one has a T38 line available in Spain.

I then contacted to David W. Roberts, of the ACA, who have T38 for sale on their website. Three weeks ago he told me that I had to check the amount of the shipping costs and that he would write to me in a couple of days. I don't know anything new, although I wrote again requesting news. I hope David is fine and I guess they can't send him to Spain.

My next step was to ask Paul, which led me to this thread.
I'm not in a hurry, but I don't have many years left in which I can move a T38 so I try to get the line as soon as possible :-)

Paul, the length of the line changed (new rules since 2016 I think) from a minimum of 15 meters to a minimum of 13.50 meters (thus the old 15 meter heads are still valid). The weight is still 38 grams maximum.

Cheers,
Alejandro
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

with several patches and no front taper.
I'm surprised it even has a taper! If they can be made to have a tropical coating I might even have a fishing use for such a line :laugh: What is the core on these lines?

Cheers,
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Alejandro

The norwegian casting federation should also have the T38 line on stock, don't know if they will sell outside Norway, but should be possible to get one through them I think!

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Success! Message from Josef today.
Dear Sport Friend,
Many greetings from Prague. I would like appologise for my delay.
Yes, I as a secretary general can to sell you the fly lines for casting sport.
I tis the typical orange fly lines which are ( only) allowed for the casting competition ( fly events) and only for the all international competition. The other fly lines are nor allowed.
We have orange fly lines - 38g - 15+ m - the price is 60 Euro
The second fly lines are 120g - the price is 70 Euro.
If you wont something, I can send it to you and invoice and you will pay the money to the ICSF bank account + post expences.
Please let me know.
Best regards
Josef
Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:07 pm The norwegian casting federation should also have the T38 line on stock, don't know if they will sell outside Norway, but should be possible to get one through them I think!
Hi Lasse,

Many thanks, I appreciate the help. I hope that through Josef Dolezal I can buy this line without further problems, but if this does not work I would contact you :)
Paul Arden wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:29 pm I'm surprised it even has a taper! If they can be made to have a tropical coating I might even have a fishing use for such a line :laugh: What is the core on these lines?
Mine had a front taper, no doubt. The original tip was much thinner than the belly. The truth is that when it was new it flew better than now, or so I want to believe, better than once I cast better than now :-)

In mine the core is a fine multifilament of something that looks like aramid, spiderweb type.

I think it can be useful for fishing if we need the fly to descend a lot and quickly, for example for tarpons at the mouth of the Colorado River, in Costa Rica. But there are other lines on the market that are easier to handle for this job, one 30' barstool Deep Water Express, for example. I think you don't need something as long as a 15-meter head.

By the way, the difference in behavior of a 9-meter head, like the T19, and a 15-meter head, like the T38, is interesting. With short heads the styles that magnify the final rotation, type 170, seem absolutely counterproductive.

Cheers,
Alejandro

Return to “Casting Sport”