PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Sungai Tiang

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

askel
Answers: 0

Re: Sungai Tiang

Post by askel »

Hi Paul,

Nice project. I'd like to make a contribution but not sure if it's appropriate. I have Sage Xi2 9' 8wt 4pc used few times... with broken tip section. I got a replacement but it's blank as it was a custom built rod I bought on eBay few years ago and only a blank was covered by a warranty. I have all guides but don't have any skills/experience to repair it. I could send it as is if you could repair it and probably teach guys another useful skill. Or may be someone on SL could repair it then forward to you. I'll include J. Austin Forbes 6835 which is marketed as 8/9 wt saltwater reel that has some light use marks but in perfectly working condition.

Alex

P.S. It's just a tip section that needs guides to be installed.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey Alex, that’s fantastic - thank you! Yes I can build the tip section or have a friend help. Might even be able to repair the broken section too if you still have it, and depending on how it’s broken.

Thank you - it will be perfect for Jungle Perch in the river and the bigger Mahseer when we find them. It will get a lot of use. And the reel sounds perfect! :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
askel

Post by askel »

Paul,

Unfortunately I sent a lower piece of broken section to Sage for fitting and they didn't sent it back so I only have the upper part with all guides still on it and a guide from lower piece I removed prior to sending it for a replacement.

I'll be in a downtown tomorrow or Wednesday morning and will send rod and reel then.

Good luck with the project
Alex
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Awesome. Thanks Alex. I’ll let you know when it arrives. Post is a little slow at the moment but it’s getting here eventually :)

Flycasting Definitions
askel

Post by askel »

Paul,

I sent a private message with tracking information.

Alex
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Alex. I hope to be starting next week, but could well be the following one. We still have some paperwork to organise. I’m looking forward to this very much! :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Tangled

Post by Tangled »

I should get some stuff into the post for you this week.
I can't really imagine how it'll get to you but hey ho.

Please keep us updated with progress - a great project, I'm jealous.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Tangled!! Apparently there are some discussions now about COVID. On their side - like mine - they are ready to roll. In fact one of the guys who is already a park ranger asked if he could join and they be five 😀 I’m all for it!!

(I’m going to make sure he is invited to join by the way).

I realised a long time ago that many people try to avoid taking responsibility. Consequently if you want to get things done you have to take responsibility. It annoys me that we didn’t start, feet on the ground, last week. But I’m very happy to know that this is not a village problem.

If COVID is the delay then I’ll live up the State Park the next two months. I’ll be delighted to live with the village.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

OK it turns out that we need some cash too. The state park has offered to pay the Orang Asli training fees. And we have to cover food costs and so on. So please help us! https://www.gofundme.com/f/sungai-tiang ... are-flow-1
I plan to start this project next Monday now that I know what the hold up is :D

Many thanks,
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Fast start - please share widely! I would like that we reach this amount as quickly as possible and any extra will be put to furthering this project.
Many many thanks!
Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”