PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Wading boots by shoe companies

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

sms
Answers: 0

Re: Wading boots by shoe companies

Post by sms »

Ok, so it is half a size larger. 10 should be about 294-295mm and 10 1/2 should be about 300-301mm:
https://www.eckse.com/up/images/Shoe%20 ... ble%20.jpg
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/cont ... rmat=1500w
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

The message I got was this -
Size wise, the idea is that the canyoners will be able to use the same size they normally use in hiking boots, but there is an extra volume added for the use of a 3/5mm neoprene sock. I send you a document where you can see how to nproceed. the Canyon Guide uses the EUROPE in terms of length, but is wider and has more volume. If you have very narrow feet, possibly a half-size smaller than normal would be an idea.. but watch out for the length!
Hang on need to change a Board setting!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

MEDIDAS HORMAS.docx
(18.22 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Flycasting Definitions
sms

Post by sms »

Are the Canyon Guides sturdy and stiff like high end wading boots or are the more flexible? I mean ankle support/protection.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I haven’t been up the river yet. The waterfall idea hasn’t happened yet either! In fact I’m just back in the boat. I would say that the ankle support is good. There is far more movement in the sole compared to other boots. In this regards they are far closer to sports shoes than work boots. I think these will be very fast.

I’ve been waiting to hear that the river has cleared to head in, but no green light so far.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
marlsounds

Post by marlsounds »

Just bumping this thread on ... I have an ongoing 'hate/really f'ing hate' relationship with some aging Simms G4 Riversheds. Every season I wear them 2-3 times. Then put them away. Will have done it for a decade next year. They are armed with those overpriced carbide thingys, but are simply too stiff, give my outer ankle shooting pains, but they do grip like nothing else. I actually have to remember that they stick like octopi on rocks – so I don't overshoot them. But I just can't walk any reasonable distance in them. So they go back in the garage. So after slipping on everything from my Lowas to Merrell trail shoes (two weeks in and just about came to grief up the Alma R. last weekend on some slippery cannonballs, plus gaiters slip up on 'em), I'm about to finally receive some Simms Flyweight Boots (not the shoes). Not hopeful, but as this thread attests, there's no such thing as the perfect wading boot. The search continues.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Michael,

I’ve been wearing mine but unfortunately the river has been in spate for much of the last 2 months and so trips have been non-existent. I really really need to test them properly. So far I’m very impressed but it’s still early days.

I have two things I need to test. One is crossing heavy rivers and the other is durability. One I will do next week - we are going up Sungai Tiang looking for Jungle Perch and another few days of Orang Asli training. The second you are going to have to ask me after six months of walking them into the ground.

Mike Duzynski has since bought a pair and has been rock hopping for Carp. So he will have some early opinions too. My opinion so far, is that they fit well, they offer excellent grip, they are far lighter than just about everything I’ve tried before (which I really like!) and they have a clever lacing and gravel guard system.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
marlsounds

Post by marlsounds »

Yeah, Paul. Those Canyon Guide boots look like a sweet solution. Please keep us in the loop. I reckon you'll be distributing those in bulk if they last the trial. There's a big gap in the market for something of quality.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I have no plans to sell them, just use and test them! I have enough on my plate :kungfu: I’ll certainly let you know how they work out and will get a review up soon.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Cris

Post by Cris »

I like the korkers boots, had mine several seasons and even had them in salt water several times and still going strong
I can walk a good distance in them, a lot of people don’t take the time to break in wading boots as you would normal walking boots
I’ve done a lot of climbing and trekking in my time and I know vibram is the cool thing to make souls out of but from climbing in wet weather it’s crap grip on stone surfaces so not ideal for a wading boot but that’s just my experience

Return to “Tackle”