PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Farbank/Rio/Sage

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

daniel
Answers: 0

Farbank/Rio/Sage

Post by daniel »

What are Farbank playing at merging the Sage and Rio (plus others) websites?

As far as I can see, the fly lines section no longer shows taper profile or weights at 30ft :evil:

The Sage part no longer has a rodbuilders section showing guidespacings and sizes for all their current and past models :(

Seems like a step backwards??
daniel

Re: Farbank/Rio/Sage

Post by daniel »

Looks like there is profile diagrams for their top end lines, just not the Mainstream series. Still no 30ft weights tho.
George C

Post by George C »

Customer service is also a disaster. Contacting them by email took me three weeks to get a response and forget about phoning them. Endless hold. I logged 105 minutes on hold over 3 attempts.
I eventually mailed a line back to them with a letter and received a replacement reasonably quickly, however.
Sage has raised their repair rates for older rods to something around $225 or $250 as well. Of note, they used to waive any repair rates for some early serial number rods (sold with any breakage warranties) and I don’t know if this has changed.

A rep for Rio lines on another site indicated they were aware of their new problems and working to fix both them and the site. Let’s hope so.
Tangled

Post by Tangled »

They've changed their warranty scheme three times in April, I suspect there was a large backlash, but it's still a silly price for what is now called a repair for both Reddington and Sage. Repair now $195 for Sage "legacy" rods.

An awful lot is going to hang on how Sage interprets warranty cover (strictly only manufacturing defect) and what is customer damage. In the past it has been assumed that Sage would simply replace a broken section for a small fee whatever the circumstances- it looks like that lifetime warranty is now in question.

https://farbank.com/pages/product-repair

Return to “Tackle”