PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

iPhone4 - app not loading

Moderator: Paul Arden

cameroia
Answers: 0

Post by cameroia »

hi guys

iPhone app refuses to load again. Stops on screen of Paul's pointy finger while loading p14_32.png.
Worked on the iPad this morning though.

I'm loathe to uninstall and re-install because of the mucking about needed to download the vids again... but I'll do it and report back.

cheers
iain
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Iain, before you reinstall let me have a chat to Akos and developers. I'm meeting them in 10 minutes. Will be back with you in a couple of hours!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Stu Jamieson

Post by Stu Jamieson »

Hi Iain,
Just a couple of suggestions from my experience.
I originally had trouble with the app stalling when trying to load the PNG images on bootup. It turned out to be a problem with my wifi connection and either the app or Android was not capable of resuming a stalled download so the app just hanged at that point. The solution for me was to turn off Bluetooth on my device. It turns out that my tablet (a Google Nexus 10) had trouble running both bluetooth and wifi simultaneously. Apparently when a Bluetooth connection can't be made the device tries to rectify this issue by cycling the power to both the Bluetooth and wifi antennae, thus disrupting my wifi connection at regular intervals.

Further to that, though, is that since the latest update, the app no longer attempts to connect to the server to download those images every time it boots, so maybe updating your app may resolve the problem. :) (I'm presuming that the iPad and Android apps are similar in this regard.)
cameroia

Post by cameroia »

hi Paul, Stu

thanks for the replies - Paul, no rush, we're off to the river Don tonight, so no need for vids!

Stu, bluetooth is off on both devices (pad, phone) - had updated both to updated version of app.
ho hum, teething troubles. I work in IT, it's not uncommon!

cheers chaps
iain
Ré_

Post by Ré_ »

Hi Iain,

Close the app and start it again. That pic does not exist but they fixed the bug.

If for some reason you don't know how to close apps (Paul did not know it and I have no idea where I picked that up as I use an iPhone for only 3-4 month now, maybe I read the manuals):

-Push the home button twice, the running apps will be listed down on the screen
-Hold your finger on the app you want to close
-Close it with the minus button

Cheers,

Ákos
cameroia

Post by cameroia »

Hi Ákos,

thanks for the reply. I'd closed it down yesterday and re-opened, but no success. TOday though, after shutting down the iphone and restarting it (standard IT person's response!!!) it is working again.

it's a nice wee app, so I hope you don't think I'm complaining about it - I'm happy to report bugs and issues to help iron them out.

cheers
iain
Carl Phillip Emanuel

Post by Carl Phillip Emanuel »

Akos,

Current app crashed during startup and after loading some images. Stopping the app and doing a restart did not change the result. Reboot of iPhone "fixed" it.

Cheers
Norbert
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks guys. I shall download my own copy tonight! I was running with a trial version which I've since deleted. :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Sexyloops App info”