PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC - overall

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: WC - overall

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Could you write it once more to Thorgeir?

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Please, any suggestion is welcome and will be considered. Send your suggestion to Thorgeir and he will circulate to Fly Casting Commission members. It is essential we canvas change suggestions now, if they are to be in place for Sweden. Next year is too late for 2024. Change takes time, let's not waste a second.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:47 pm Could you write it once more to Thorgeir?

Cheers
Lasse
I think it should come from others. Indeed anyone who thinks it’s a problem. Feel free to link back to anything I’ve posted here.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Hi guys,
Maybe interesting to watch a video of the WC in golf distance in regard of what was discussed here.

Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Stefano De Martini

Post by Stefano De Martini »

In my opinion, to give a minimum sense of sportsmanship, direct clashes should be introduced. Exactly as happens in tennis or in the phase of the soccer world championships. The details would have to be studied, but think about how beautiful a 2-man final and the final for the bronze would be. Would it be that difficult? Here in Italy our final of the championships will probably be like this. It is unthinkable that especially in the qualifying phase whoever starts at 9 in the morning can have the same conditions as the one who finishes at 12 12.30. It's not sport, it's lottery.
Stefano De Martini

Post by Stefano De Martini »

Bernd Ziesche wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:20 am Hi guys,
Maybe interesting to watch a video of the WC in golf distance in regard of what was discussed here.

Cheers
B
Mate not so different from a flycasting final would be :D
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I agree with Stefano. I have talked to Thorgeir and he informs me that next time there will be two heats to get through to the finals. I would still like to see some sort of knockout at these stages too but that’s certainly an improvement. Knock out one against another would certainly improve the finals and make them more entertaining. I put forward other suggestions such as moving to grass for more accurate measurements and having more than two casting lanes to facilitate more heats.

How did people find the idea of swapping lanes half way through?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Wow. :D :D :D

Flycasting Definitions
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

I put forward other suggestions such as moving to grass for more accurate measurements and having more than two casting lanes to facilitate more heats.
Paul,
I already outlined it to John in the other threads. In other sports stadiums cut down wind quite a lot. Less extrem changes, I think.
I think that would be at least good for the sh events.
Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
sms

Post by sms »

For the 2013 Nordic Championship we proposed several rule changes and many additional definitions (like leader thickness could have not been 3cm and making reasonable line connections easily without fear of getting disqualified).

The rules did not go through unfortunately.

One of the main changes was the heats possibility:
----------
Distance events
If the courses do not allow heats or heats are not applied, the starting order is drawn.
If the courses allow heats and the system of heats is chosen by the organizers,
contestants are divided into groups. The maximum number of groups is determined by
how many contestants can cast at the same time at the courses. These groups are formed
based on either country associations’ or team captains’ ranking or notification. One
contestant of each of the groups is drawn for every first round heat. In case all heats will
not have the same amount of contestants, the number of contestants is adjusted so that
all heats will have as close to same number of contestants as possible. First one of each
heat will go through to the next round. If the organizers choose to apply lucky loser
rule, they can use either or both of the following rule options:
· Of all first round heats, in absolute length, the best one that came second in
his/her heat will go through to the second round.
· Of all first round heats, the contestant with the closest second result in
percentage of length of the heat winning distance will go through to the second
round
In case both rules of the above are opted by the organizers, they must choose and inform
in which one is primary and which one secondary rule. If both result in a single
contestant, the next one of the primary rule will go through.
In the following rounds of heats organizers can use lucky loser rule. Eventually the
elimination method will end up in a final. Thus no separate final is arranged.
----------

Lane change in case the lanes are really different may be good, but I have not really seen much difference on them so far.
And if the caster on the other line messes up something and lane change does not go smoothly, you suffer too by loosing casting time.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke

Return to “Casting Sport”