PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Longest measured 5WT casts?

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: Longest measured 5WT casts?

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

bartdezwaan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:15 pm I know Steve Rajeff made a cast of around 38.5m indoors at a Best of the West competition. However, I can’t find those results online.

Cheers, Bart
Hi Bart

Just had a look around in the archieved board. Steve set the record at 125 feet 6 inches. Shortly after that they changed the BoTW to accuracy :upside:

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Thanks Lasse.
Amazing casting!
I hope he didn’t retire from comp casting.

Cheers, Bart
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:28 pm
Thomas wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:05 pm Hi,

The flycasting club in Gothenburg Sweden had a competition a few years ago. The day after the competition some of the competitors returned to the venue to cast just for fun. It was a field of grass located right by the sea in Askim, a suburb close to Gothenburg. Anyway, if I´m not mistaken Bernt made a cast that went over 50 meters. I was not there myself but Stefan Siikaavara was and he should be able to confirm this.
Hi Thomas

That was back when the rio gold competition was allowed, and that was the line he used :)

Cheers
Lasse
Hi Lasse,

OK. I remember that quite a few swedish casters had switched to this line during those years. Stefan was very excited about it and talked about how much he liked it for fishing lakes. I was a bit sceptical as it had such a low braking strenght. :)
NM

Post by NM »

Hi
Longest indoor in competition:
Kjetil Bertelsen 38,79. Sandnes, Norway 06.11.2022 . His second longest that day was 38,24

http://castingforbundet.no/wp-content/u ... nes-OL.jpg
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Brilliant cast Nils. Thanks for the info.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bernt Johansson

Post by Bernt Johansson »

I have been gone from here for way too long my friends :)

Competition wise my longest 5wt cast with the MED is 45.9 meters done in 2021 in the Swedish Championships
In practice my longest is 50.4 meters using the RIO and 48 meters using the MED

Indoors in practice my longest with the RIO is 41.9 meters and with the MED 39.98 meters (We have not had indoor competitions in sweden for many years)

FYI all the current Swedish records can be found here: https://www.castingsport.se/tavla-i-cas ... gkastning/

Return to “Casting Sport”