PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Join us for a Virtual Cast

ChrisBaty
Answers: 0

Join us for a Virtual Cast

Post by ChrisBaty »

Evening all, Our local casting group is having a final get together for 2023 on 3rd December. Just a small group of locals casting all forms of tackle mostly to ICSF rules but also including #5 Fly Distance. To make this more inclusive we run a virtual component for those around the country that don’t have any local casting events to attend. We’ve also been joined by a few of the BFCC members for some of our past events as well as Colin Howlett (current World Record Holder) sending in entries for the Double Handed Distance Multiplier. It would be great to get a few others joining in so I make this post in the hope that some of you may have the time and inclination to have a cast on the day and send through your results. It’s purely an honour system with no evidence required…….but then there’s nothing to win here either. The Fly categories open are #5 distance, T38 Single Handed Distance & T120 Double Handed Distance. Simply head out with the gear, make six casts and record the distances. Longest distance counts but please provide all six. We’re also working with the BFCC to have an Ashes series next year, again as a virtual comp. We’d love to have more countries involved and turn it into a virtual World Cup of sorts that spans several event across several dates and would possibly include plug events also bit we’re still nutting out the details. If you’re social media inclined our casting group is on facebook as Geelong and District Overrunners, the more the merrier.
Cheers
Chris
ChrisBaty

Re: Join us for a Virtual Cast

Post by ChrisBaty »

Locally we had fantastic weather for a cast today. Which was a surprise given how bad the lead up weather was, so bad in fact our original location had to be abandoned as it was partially underwater. We only had a small group and several were there for accuracy not distance but it was a load of fun. We did also get one virtual entry too……..you have to start somewhere I guess. Scores below, hope a few more are able to join for the next one in Feb. We did spend some time discussing the Ashes comp with our British counterparts so we have a few more ideas for that now too.

#5 Distance : James Evans (Virtual) - 38.2m, John Waters - 36.2m, Corey Heath - 30.65m, Chris Baty - 26.93m & Bruce Kelleher - 17.2m.

T38 SH Distance : Chris Baty - 39.05m & Corey Heath - 38.97m.

T120 DH Distance : Corey Heath - 57.6m & Chris Baty - 54.4m.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Chris
Good stuff!

Had planned to go out today and enter a virtuel entry, but forgot that when I could do it, you guys where closer to tomorrow :blush: hoping to do a James next time and do it a day early :D

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
ChrisBaty

Post by ChrisBaty »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:41 pm Hi Chris
Good stuff!

Had planned to go out today and enter a virtuel entry, but forgot that when I could do it, you guys where closer to tomorrow :blush: hoping to do a James next time and do it a day early :D

Cheers
Lasse
Thanks Lasse, we’re not overly strict though so a day early, or a day late is fine with us.
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for organising. Been a while between casts for me but will get to a few events next year. Sorry I had to leave early, had a great time.

John
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

ChrisBaty wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:16 pm
Lasse Karlsson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:41 pm Hi Chris
Good stuff!

Cheers
Lasse
Thanks Lasse, we’re not overly strict though so a day early, or a day late is fine with us.
That's great Lasse, Denmark, UK and Australia represented. Let's hope we get a few other nations' fly fishers and fly casters entering in the virtual Trout Distance, Sea Trout Distance and 55 gram Salmon events next year. It was my first entry in such an event, I should have done it before this.

John
ChrisBaty

Post by ChrisBaty »

John Waters wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:09 pm Hi Chris,

Thanks for organising. Been a while between casts for me but will get to a few events next year. Sorry I had to leave early, had a great time.

John
No worries John, was just good to cast with you again, even just for the morning. As a newcomer to the sport I really enjoy watching what can be achieved with fly gear of all sorts. I’ve really learned a lot by watching all of you cast this past year. Casting regularly with Corey and Ron certainly shines a light on better casting for me. Hoping to be able to learn even more through these get togethers whether from “in person” casters or the virtual ones.

Return to “Casting Sport”