PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Weighted flies training time

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Bernd Ziesche
Answers: 0

Re: Weighted flies training time

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

VGB wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:38 pm We have to be able to cover both here, I don’t want my students walking off the Stillwater fishing platforms :D
I don't want mine to enter the platforms at all. Better fish where few anglers fish. Thats where the big ones are. 😇
🥂
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Bernd Ziesche wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:22 pm
Paul Arden wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:41 am Dancing as in Swedish Steps? No I don’t but I’m sure I will in the future.
Yes, I was asking, because this is teaching a movement pattern I yet never saw anyone doing in fishing. So I was wondering why you'd need to adjust the fluff to be a real fly when yet even planning to teach stuff for just casting, not fishing.
You could tell me to adjust to what your students need. I prefer to believe a proper basement can always easily be adapted into different fishing situations. No need to match fully. We cant (and dont need to) teach every particular situation in giving a basement for best adaption, I think. Even I still have to adjust...
Cheers
B
I have a couple of students who compete and so I’m going to have to fully learn and incorporate it to stay current and competitive. I have no issues with that.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB
Answers: 0

Post by VGB »

Bernd Ziesche wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:25 pm I don't want mine to enter the platforms at all. Better fish where few anglers fish. Thats where the big ones are. 😇
🥂
That’s because of all the anglers falling off the platform and spooking them :p
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Teaching”