PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Post by Paul Arden »

Blimey. I’m surprised the CIs don’t leave as a group and set up independently. Thats normally what happens :laugh:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

If they wheren't burdened by ego, I am sure they would.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Walter

Post by Walter »

I think I’m more burdened by apathy. But it could be ego. I don’t really care though.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Walter

Post by Walter »

I would just like to add that I don’t know what a non instructor is but I’m sure I’ll know it when I see one.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:18 am

Much bigger than those few who enter the exams in order to become a teacher and a million times bigger than those 3 ppl. who entered an exam while going to make their living on teaching.
So do you think there should be a separate assessment for the few that want to become teachers Bernd ?
Hi Mark,
Came over to answer your question, sorry.
No, I don't think it's worth the effort.
For me the certs were a nice step to have a goal casting wise. Teaching wise I didn't pick up much.
And I think that it's not necessary to have a cert for teachers.
However, if you want to offer one.... enter the lessons of whatever instructor, that's where the quality of teaching is or not. I would not want to be a judge/examiner. And I have zero use for any examiners in my lesson either.
Take away the desire to become recognized or getting that "great caster" paper and I doubt you've any organisation left.
Regards
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I think that you are a bit out of touch there Bernd, the zoom events were very enlightening in many ways. Some of the concepts introduced by Mark and Will was top notch, and was easier to follow than a forum discussion. There was a session where we broke out into small groups that I particularly enjoyed, talking to people in different continents doing different stuff was a great antidote to drinking your own bath water locally.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

My last instructor exchange video calls were with Mathias Lilleheim and Mac Brown. Worked fine without any organisation membership. 😊
And I prefer to sell my bath water. 😉
🥂 Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m a member primarily for the liability insurance. It’s only a matter of time until someone loses an eye or drowns and an instructor ends up in court. I think for £100/year that’s money well spent. I know Mark got a decent rate independently, but I also know people who spend several k for this in other countries.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

I think that there have been some incidents already in the UK. I have public liability that covers me for my day job that is more than adequate for casting instruction. I would not be surprised if at some point, organisations stop making information available that enables non members to profit from their activities, I expect that IPR could be claimed on assessment material and the associated processes.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Teaching”