PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Beer Mile - a true endurance sport

Moderator: Haggisboy

Walter
Answers: 0

Post by Walter »

I'm surprised I haven't seen this here before (but then I'm also surprised by the number of people that don't have true enthusiasm for ABBA as well). :p

http://www.beermile.com/

Forget the running part - 4 beers in 4 minutes! Must be some powerful belching going on afterwards. Reminds me of one of Paul's special bean and potato dinners. :D
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I used to play social football matches, the proper one with a round ball, with similar rules. Even on those days it was only old people that listened to Abba. Vomiting during the game was optional for both the football and Abba
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
James9118

Post by James9118 »

I think this could be adapted to fly casting - beer to start, the caster must then complete 100 metres of casts with a beer imbibed after every cast. All to the tune of dancing queen.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Dancing to Dancing Queen while drinking beer and casting is an idea with legs. You could do it in a line and synchronised at the Scottish meet
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

VGB

Post by VGB »

PS You can buy Tofoc at the Wilton shopping village whisky shop

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

:sick:

One year at the FFF conclave we had the Danish Games with beer. It was quite an event!!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Post by Walter »

VGB wrote:Dancing to Dancing Queen while drinking beer and casting is an idea with legs. You could do it in a line and synchronised at the Scottish meet
We could all add Paul's ballet thing to the end of our distance cast... :laugh:

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It's not that easy Walter :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Post by Walter »

Paul Arden wrote:It's not that easy Walter :p
I know. I can never remember if it's left foot forward or right foot forward or if it actually matters. Imagine what it would be like after half a dozen beers or so. Come to think of it last time we were together it was after a few road pops and a few other noxious potions as well. I'm sure our synchronized casting was dazzling. :D

scotty9

Post by scotty9 »

James, are you organising the shootout rules for Scottish/Spanish meet? :D

Return to “Manshit”