PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

How to meet...

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

How to meet...

Post by Paul Arden »

It seems interesting to me that as a man I'm expected to:

1 shake hands
2 hug
3 touch noses and sniff, sometimes each nostril
5 give two kisses
6 give four kisses

And this is to a man. 1 is pretty normal for me: give a firm handshake and look in the eye. 2 is a bit weird for me. 3 I'm perfect at. 5 and 6 are a bit fucking weird but not as weird as 2.

Me I like a good handshake. You can tell a lot about a man by the way he shakes your hand. Solid and strong he means what he says. I also like the Maori thing of sharing air.

What do you think? :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Glenda
Answers: 0

How to meet...

Post by Glenda »

What do you mean by touch noses etc? Never heard of that one. Hugs are ok but only with the opposite sex. And two kisses is the method of greeting in certain countries but mostly with females.....four kisses with a man, if you are a man, is definitely out.
"my biggest worry is that when I am dead and gone my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it". ......Koos Brandt
t.z.

How to meet...

Post by t.z. »

Whatever ... No prob with any of the above should it be the local code. Guys in Nepal walk hand in hand when they are friends. Nothing to do wit homosexual, it is just a different culture.

I heard that shaking the right hands derived from checking whether the other carries a weapon or not. That is why left handed people were not liked.

Touching noses is the code with the Inuit (Eskimos) I think, right? The only bit of exposed skin ... makes sense in the climate those people live.

/t.z.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

How to meet...

Post by Paul Arden »

Maoris touch noses and sniff to share the same air when they meet. It's defused many tense situations for me. Here in Hungary it's common to kiss twice. In France I get four kisses from Toniio :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
Flyfishfairwx

How to meet...

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Yet in other places a tip of the hat, or a smile is all that is needed.

the etiquette changes with the environment.

Add a pretty woman to the environment and the males go complete bonkers, puffed up chests, wolf whistles etc..

Add a trout stream or river to the environment and the more combative the males get, narrowed eyes, bared teeth, squared off shoulders, avoiding eye contact, grunts and mumbles as way of answering greetings and questions..older males in such environment become down right hostile to any younger males and confused by any females that enter their perceived space of operations.

Enlightened males will attempt to educate the weaker and less informed males in the proper ways of the tribe, in such matters as handling of the fish and how to not damage the fish while getting that all important self promoting selfie and glossy hero shot with the camera that is needed to boost the younger males ego and status amongst his peers and social circle..

haha That was fun..
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

How to meet...

Post by Paul Arden »

Next time we meet Ray I'll give you four kisses :p

Flycasting Definitions
Flyfishfairwx

How to meet...

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Paul Arden wrote:Next time we meet Ray I'll give you four kisses :p

EWWW

One for all four cheeks!!

I am sure Ladystrange will want to watch !!

Well that escalated quickly!!

Now I am not sure I will be able to look at Sexyloops on my work computer any more!!
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
Walter

How to meet...

Post by Walter »

Try not to keep him out of the water for too long.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
petevicar

How to meet...

Post by petevicar »

Is that tongue in cheek?
IANACI

Return to “Manshit”