PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Carp

Moderator: Paul Arden

Bernd Ziesche
Answers: 0

Re: Carp

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Thommo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 pm Conditions were way less than ideal - too windy, overcast, water murky with a lot of algae. All combine to make sight fishing for carp (my current obsession) nearly impossible.
Hi Thommo,
You may want to learn reading the bubbles. I read them and know which species of carp and what size it is. Then I ll have a proper strategy. It's "special sight fishing", but works really great. You need strike indicators of course.
Regards
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
whinging pom
Answers: 0

Post by whinging pom »

Paul Arden wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:13 pm Hungarian Carp Recipe no1

500g Carp
1kg paprika
Spoonful olive oil

Take 1kg paprika and fry with olive oil. Add water. Throw away the carp. Eat.

As a tasty side dish try cucumbers.

Cheers, Paul
Delicious local recipe
catch carp
make a wood fire with slow burning hardwoods and sprigs of rosemary or lavender or sage.... anything really thats vaguely herbish.
slap Carp on a piece of hardboard or Melamine board.
carefully cut round shape of fish and then repeat with second board
Tie fish with tail to the base board and top board using local reeds or bull rushes or natural hemp.
let fire die to smoking embers, place carp and boards on embers and cover in more embers ... leave for half an hour.
Turn fish over and leave in dying embers for another half hour maybe adding some seasoning and a little beer/cider splashed on it.
untie the tail and really very carefully peel the carp off the boards removing all the skin and flesh and scales.
Throw carp back in lake and suck or chew the boards depending how good your teeth are.
bon appetite!
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

A Carp Recipe book would be a wonderful thing.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flyfishing”