PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the Board?

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Fozz
Answers: 0

Re: New to the Board?

Post by Fozz »

Graeme H wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:43 am G'day Ian,

Welcome to the board. I'm glad you're finding time to fish again.

Cheers,
Graeme
Thanks Graeme. We are truly blessed in Tasmania, got a bit of everything. So much to learn….

Tight lines
Ian
Fozz

Post by Fozz »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:27 am Hi Ian, welcome to the Board. Are you back in Tassie now? That’s a wonderful fishery.

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul,

I live in Tassie and FIFO of Brunei on a 5 week off/on schedule. I might make it to your jungle abode one of these trips…. Cheers Fozz
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I hope you do mate. Seems like we have spent time in similar places. I spent a couple of years in Aberdeen.

I’ll be back in Tas over next 15 months I think. But I’m never really sure where I’ll be, or sometimes where I am. :D

Cheers! Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
marcu1969

Post by marcu1969 »

Hi there fellow fly flycasters
My name is Marcus , I live in Inverness Scottish Highlands , my fishing is made up of loch fishing , hill loch fishing and pike fishing in the winter .
I am a member of loch Achonachie angling club ( kudos to anyone who can pronounce Achonachie correctly) ,
Club waters are situated on the River Connon river system in the scenic Strathconon Glen just outside Garve
I previously lived in South Africa and fished around the estuaries in the port Elizabeth area (normal bait fishing )

I have now become an absolutely fly casting obsessive maniac walking around the house and work waving my arm in a fly casting motion even while sitting on the couch talking to my wife which is now starting to irritate the living shits out of her All thanks to Paul 🤣🤣🤣

What an absolute G.O.A.T fly caster and I cannot thank him enough or begin to say how much his videos have helped

After 2 years of perseverance and tail chasing
I am now and finally starting to resemble something like a beginner fly caster
Cheers Marcus
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Haha welcome to the Board, Marcus. Your fishing club sounds like a good sneeze :D

Lovely part of the world — apart from the weather. When I was 19 I drove an old Series 3 Land Rover all around the Highlands (and yes it was an old Landy even back then :p), which I got stuck in some pretty impressive places. Really loved the fishing and the whole place actually.

Welcome to the Board!!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
rusty

Post by rusty »

The board,

—-From a tender age I can remember flyfishing media clips I was exposed to and of course this instruction changed how I viewed fishing forever. The next most important memory was Gary Border explaining to trim muddlers from the back almost as if a pinecone. Anyhow 😜 I transitioned into bass for a while in regard to the study of split grips but, maintain a commercial flytying kit and own Hardy fly reels for the saltwater.

All the same I’ve developed a technique known as gaucho, as opposed to vaquero.

If I had to choose between a dapping rod and grayling, nothing against brown trout 😐 who knows?

I believe saltwater trout fishing is about as good as it gets or, at least this reminds me of when going fishing was about having fun.

Always jealous of Lars and a huge fan of Arden’s work in Fiordland.

Much appreciated,
Keith
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the Board!!!

Yep I agree that SW fly fishing is probably at the top of the pile. Assuming tropical anyway. But only as long as there is no one else there, and no sign of “civilisation”!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”