PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the Board C-m Vennefjord.

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Vennefjord
Answers: 0

Post by Vennefjord »

Hi!

Greetings from stockholm, Sweden!

I started flyfishing as a very happy amateur when I was 12 or 13 years old (29 now) and at that time I mainly fished for perch, pike, bream and trout. I have educated myself at a vocational college to become a certified guide and are at this moment working full-time at a flyshop outside of stockholm.

My fishing today is primarily targeted for baltic and atlantic salmon with doublehanded rods och also trout, rainbow trout, grayling and pike, and of course I'm very focused on my flycasting technique.

Best regards
Carl-Martin Vennefjord.
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2017-03-23 kl. 17.16.47.png
Skärmavbild 2017-03-23 kl. 17.16.47.png (319.37 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
Skärmavbild 2017-03-23 kl. 17.10.03.png
Skärmavbild 2017-03-23 kl. 17.10.03.png (516.19 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi C-M and a big welcome to the Board :cool:

Can you tell us about your guiding course? That sounds great! I know such a thing exists in France too. How fantastic. I would have done this had that been available in the UK when I was studying.

Many thanks!!!
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

hej - så kult å se deg her og :-)
Vennefjord

Post by Vennefjord »

Hi Paul and thanks! :D

Yes so I've heard and we actually had both french och german students i my class! :)

Yeah, it is an education going on for 2 years and gives you all the skills needed to, for example, start up your own camp with all that implies. Beyound different fishing methods the education also icludes courses such as entrepreneurship, fisheries and nature conservation, knowledge of boats/ships and navigation and fisheries supervisor (if thats what it's called?)

It is according to me a perfectly fine education. The great and crucial/decisive with the school and the education is the schools connection to the sportfishing industry and the opportunities provided through several months of internship, who the student determines.
For me it was my first intership period which gave me the contacts needed to successfully enter and work in the sportfishing industry.

Hope this gives a clear picture. :)

best regards
CM!
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

That sounds like a great course, CM :) Are you guiding now? I've always found teaching fishing and casting to be thoroughly rewarding. When I'm teaching out here in Malaysia I get the same feeling I do when I'm fishing, and I didn't think I would ever believe this, but watching someone else catch a fish from my boat is even more rewarding than if I had caught it. There's also no question about it that I learn more while teaching fishing than I do while fishing. On the other hand I still need to fish myself too and most of the time!

I would love to hear more about your course, maybe you could write a font page on the subject? :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Vennefjord

Post by Vennefjord »

Now not that much, I'm guiding 1-2 week a year in total i would say and i do agree, I do find teaching very rewarding and extremely good to my own progress! As you said: "There's also no question about it that I learn more while teaching fishing than I do while fishing." - I can't do anything but agree on this.

I'm spending the most of my days in a flyfishing shop and I'm very proud to say we are offering free flycasting-classes ones every week. This to be able to make flyfishing mer accessible for people who are interested but haven't tried it yet!

Yes I should do that, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more former students from that school activ on sexyloops!

Best regards
CM

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”