PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

APP is working again latest IOS

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm working on the new APP. However in the meantime on iPhones 6 (at least) it is working again, although only sound through headphones on mine - Jesus!!

The new version is going to be kick-arse. It has to be because it's the same price as a boat.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Neil Owens
Answers: 0

Post by Neil Owens »

Yep - working on my iphone5s.

And it's saying it won't work on future iOS versions so this new boat priced version had better not resemble the RMS Titanic!!
Jeff

iOS 11 means app doesn’t work

Post by Jeff »

Which is a shame as I miss Paul keeping me on the straight (tracking) and narrow (loop).
What chance of an updated app that works with iOS 11? Failing that, is there any way I can download the content as some form of video?

Jeff
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Jefff,

I plan to make the content available through Sexyloops and improve upon it. Building a new app doesn't make sense unfortunately:(

Thanks, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Paul. I’ll watch out for the content coming out. I’ve found that dipping into the app from time to time has given me some great reminders of what I should be trying to achieve and how to go about it.

Jeff
VGB

Post by VGB »

Hi Paul, I’ve just had the iOS11 update on my iPad and the SL app has died again.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes it's finished, Vince.

What happened was that when I first had the original code developed I went through a friend of a friend I trusted. They made a good app for a reasonable price unfortunately they outsourced to yet another party. For some reason they fell out with this party.

Back to me. I try to make friends directly with this other guy and try to buy the source code off him or give him money to develop. But he disappears off the face of the earth and has the code so it transpires.

I look into redevelopment of the code now from scratch. 5000 euros is the cheapest option (one quote was 25K!). It makes around 1000 euros/year. Five years from now the code will need to be redeveloped yet again (Apple give you five years).

I'm fed up with dealing with idiots. So what I'm going to do is release all the videos on a new sexyloops section along with key notes, further info, slow motion, links to the Board, Academy etc - what I've been trying to do for the past 5 years. It will become an integral part of sexyloops. Furthermore it will be free.

The plan is to start coming Monday. I won't be able to release all videos at once because it's a lot of work. But ultimately they will all be released and allowed to be freely distributed. They won't go on YouTube as first port of call because China can't see YouTube (without VPN) and so they will be downloadable through sexyloops only - at least initially.

Lots of planning. Lots of headaches. But ultimately it will be great. :pirate:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Do you still have the original video, I wanted to look at the 45 degrees off shoulder spey?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes I have them all in RAW format. I'll get busy!

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Cheers mate

Return to “Sexyloops App info”