PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Issue with marketing

Moderator: Haggisboy

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Issue with marketing

Post by Michal Duzynski »

I think I will put it here.
I hope I wont ofend anybody, but this markerting crap really start to get on my nerves, or maybe some naive people who sink in this crap.
It doubles, because as Rest/ Venue Manager I have this big mamma behind the desk ( with cookies on the desk) and she is our marketing person who spends a day thinking how to bring people to the restaurant. Most of her ideas are crap and I work with FLOWER CROWN MAKING, and 0 revenue...
Ok work a part

Anyway I came accros this

http://www.saltwaterflyfishing.com.au/b ... 790.17912/

Really ???
Is a review or show off of $5000 in rods, and $4000 in reels and lines?

What I dond get is
Z AXIS the best ultra fast, cast far and supper loops
TCX improved Z Axis
METHOD - improved TCX
X - improved Method
SALT- improoved X
...and SALT HD - improved SALT

O I forgot ONE, and ONE ELITE

and some of them are DEADLT ACCURATE and some no ha ha ha

Fuck me- if I have tight and fast super loops, how much faster and tighter they going to be with new technology??

It make me upset when I read crap like this, because people spend 1200 for a rod ( good for them), but most of the time $0 for a casting lesson....

I like SAGE rods, I relaly like Z Axis 5wt, it just gets me when people say
YEP THATS THE ONE, SAGE REALLY IMPROVED ON THIS ONE- but a year ago you where saying exactly same thing about previous model.

Looks like I have to be carefull when shave. Now I have 5 blades which aparently are the best for awsome clean shaving results, but who knows in a month time I might look with 5 blades like a SWENEY TODD trying to cut my throat as there is 7 BLADES RASORS on the market now.

Ciao
Mike
Michal Duzynski

Issue with marketing

Or I might just start ANGER MANAGMENT classes :p
Lasse Karlsson

Issue with marketing

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hey, everyone agrees that the XP was the shit, and that the Z-axis was worse :D
And its
RPL-XP-Z-axis-one-X
SP+-TCR-TCX-Method
Etc.. Not that it really matters, if you like to cast it buy it, and forget what the marketing people says, they can't cast anyway...

Remind me again why you bought the SL comp2? ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Michal Duzynski

Issue with marketing

Hi Lasse
I tried the prototype if SL COMP 5 in 2012 and liked it.
It gave me better feel for my distance casting, then I purchased one. After that I sold my Z-Axis and TCR.
Here in Australia when Paul visited, I tried prototype of HT COMP2 or HT10WT ( same thing). Then I was in the market for a heavy duty rod. Seeing that it performed on a dirty fighting snakehead, and it also is a good distance casting tool I got it.

Not to get in my own wingging trap, I asked, what's the future of SL rods?
If 6months after buying one Paul would come up with HT 10WT HD, and then another 6months with HT 10WT HD SUPER, i would wonder what crap I bought in a first place?

But seriously, if the Salt HD is top of the technology is there far more to go, or its going to be same rod with different markings on a blank- just curious?
Cheers
Mike
Michal Duzynski

Issue with marketing

I think it also make a lot of difference when you have chance to talk to the rod designer and tester itself. Before purchase, but unfortunetly it doesnt work like this in many cases.
Mike
Michal Duzynski

Issue with marketing

Im just board before work, and Im having glass of wine.
Decided to scribble an imaginary review of an imaginary fly rod.
Put some famous name behind it and some pictures and I think the sales can go up :p

"Hi guys
Let me tell you about this new awsome fly rod.
  Its an improved version of rod A 10wt and it calls Bplus 10wt.
  Iam very impressed with it and I decided to put my thoughts in this review.
  Dont get me wrong rod A is still great rod, but in Bplus looks like the rod makers put everything together and this is now my 10wt rod to go.
  Now lets start with the blank, its 3g lighter then rodA, but at the same time stronger due to the new graphite technology. 3g less gives you lower swing weight and it means that you can cast this rod for hours on the flats and your arm wont suffer.
 New reel seat, it holds the reel like rod A, but the looks.. you will love it.
 The blank feel strong and fast, but its not a broomstik.
  For this review I pair this rod with new line in 10wt, but new lines now are made half or full line weight heavier in order to easy load the beast like Bplus.

Casting,
guys you should see the loops. Nice pointy, aerodinamic, just beautifull.  The differece Ive noticed from rod A is, that my loops have less waves in them, the new thechnology in a tip in Bplus is just amazing. The tip just bounce back and stop, sending super fast loop over the horizon. I hope you know what I mean. No bouncing rod tip= extra line speed.
  The new rod Bplus is also more forgiving than the rod A, sometimes I made a mistake in my stroke ( too wide arc, or to narrow arc), but the Bplus forgives that and send perfect loop.
Wow- what an improvment, and it took only 6months.

Distance- with rodA yes I hit 80feet, but I had to add some effort, now with Bplus, 90 feet seems like a breeze, and what the improoved Bplus also gives you is the fatigue less chucking GT flies on a 6/0 hooks.

Lets talk about accuracy, and this is where Im most impress with the new Bplus fly rod.
  I did my test on the 60feet target. WOW- again guys. Almost pinpoit accuracy, with awsome loops, and zero effort. The way I compare this with my second favorite rod A is that with rod A my fly sometimes kick about foot away to the right or to the left from a target, and you what happen- you loose the chance of hookup. Bplus just deliver the fly where I want it.

Thumbs up and I hope you liked my review of a new and imprived rod A, with new awsome name Bplus.

Dont worry if you dont have a chance for a practice cast at your local flyshop. I cast so many different rods, and cought so many different fish,  that you can trust me as I put all my money on it.
  And at the price of $1200 its a really good deal for a perfect fly rod.
  Tight lines"

Cheers
Mike
t.z.

Issue with marketing

Post by t.z. »

Look - you wet-shave with one blade or you don`t - period. :ninja:
Graeme H

Issue with marketing

Post by Graeme H »

Mike,

You forgot to mention how well Bplus tracks. All newly released rods track better than their predecessors. :pirate:

(I haven't worked out how yet. I mean, my first rods obviously had minds of their own and would summon demons that would push the rod tip sideways while I cast. The new ones must have so much uni-directional carbon fibre/nanoparticles/improved resin that the demons simply can't get in there and force my rod off the path I am casting it on.)

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Lasse Karlsson

Issue with marketing

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

:D :D :D :D :D

This is turning into a great thread :yeahhh:
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Michal Duzynski

Issue with marketing

Ha ha ha
Hey guess what. The big mamma with cookies on her desk just resigned today :D :D

Hey Greame if I mention super, faltless tracking on this awsome Bplus rod, I might not make it on the production and start taking back orders.
Keep a bit of secret, let the flyfisherman discover a bit of awsomnes of this rod on its own.

BTW Im really looking forward the new Bplus HD in the next 6 months. I think it will come with a remote control :yeahhh:

Return to “Manshit”