PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

So... what is number 6?

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: So... what is number 6?

Post by Paul Arden »

I enjoyed that. Pretty much how I do it. I’m not keen on the elbow out however. Personally I think better form is to keep elbow aligned but tilt the forearm or body over to clear the rod tip. But it would be interesting to hear from some sports doctors on that.

Nice presentation!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
easterncaster
Answers: 0

Post by easterncaster »

I attended the Zoom presentation. It lacked graphics, video etc.. . The above Peter Morse video would have been a great addition.
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

Graeme H wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:45 pm I tried to sign up to watch it but it was "sold out". Not that I was worried, to be honest - the FFi needs to get over this North American centred philosophy if that "i" is ever going to mean something. (Are these casts from north America only applicable there? Did they originate there? East Coast of what continent?)

Cheers,
Graeme
My head near exploded when I heard Eastern Dry Fly/Doug Swisher micro-wrist. Doug is from the Mid-west... Michigan, and moved to Montana. Wristy, pinned elbow casting happens across the globe.

Re Lefty and the 'elbow on the shelf' mantra: Every time I've witnessed the shelf demo, be it via The Man or others, the elbow climbed some during the back stroke. Shelves are best installed level.
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

Re Float Tube, high elbow/high arm Style: Billy Pate cast such - extolled its virtues on a Bonefishing DVD from years past.
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

... evidence :cool:
Attachments
Billy Pate.jpg
Billy Pate.jpg (25.93 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

What were 5 and 6 as described by the attendees?

John
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

jarmo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:27 am I think the presentation will be available offline later. I was counting on that.

Related to... techniques:

Nice one :)

I have a technique demo I used to show at FFI events, going through the different techniques and where they came from and why, Classic english, TLT, Underhand/Andersson, Gebetsroiter, natural throw saltwater, and the two major comp distance techniques. Though I have been told in Spain that my TLT was wrong for the inclusion of a haul, even though I was taught that by Roberto Praglioli :D Maybe something to shoot a clip of when it gets better weather :)

Not a super keen fan of naming techniques after where you place your elbow for a particular situation :)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

John Waters wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:36 pm What were 5 and 6 as described by the attendees?

John
... no idea, sorry John.

''Joan Wulff - West Coast Tournament'' style was one name batted about.
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks for that, appreciated.

If I am allowed to travel this year, I hope to catch up with my mate Wlodek Targosz in New York, would love to have a cast and a chat with you.

John
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

:) ... now THAT would be cool !!

Return to “Teaching”