PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

bernds social media bashing

Moderator: Paul Arden

t.z.
Answers: 0

Re: bernds social media bashing

Post by t.z. »

I guess now I understand better where you guys are coming from. However, this is not what I learned in the article. All I saw (and I am fully entitled to my own way of understanding a text, even if "wrong") is a long winded whining paired with "I do it so much better" chatter. So I thought I'd share my impression so the author has at least some feedback. So if this was far from intended by the author, Bernd might take this into consideration so even a numbwit like me gets his point.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I see clients using fb even during fishing all the time! I believe this to be crazy and well worth to think about.
I had a couple of younger guests who were using their phones every time I moved location. I thought that’s weird, there is no phone reception here. Playing games!!! FFS!! Beautiful scenery, in the jungle, hornbills flying overhead, and the kids are playing computer games.

I thought about satellite internet on the Battleship. But the more I think about it the less I want it :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:29 pm
I see clients using fb even during fishing all the time! I believe this to be crazy and well worth to think about.
I had a couple of younger guests who were using their phones every time I moved location. I thought that’s weird, there is no phone reception here. Playing games!!! FFS!! Beautiful scenery, in the jungle, hornbills flying overhead, and the kids are playing computer games.

I thought about satellite internet on the Battleship. But the more I think about it the less I want it :D

Cheers, Paul
They were checking the s-loops casting app ;-)
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Seems my fp was an understatement in regard of some anglers. Babs Kijewsky exchanged the chance to fish every day for being locked up in the big brother house hoping to create more likes and followers for her social media.
In my point of view that's a deal with the devil. The longer she'll be locked in the house, the closer she gets to win the show, the less fishing days she'll have left.
Personally I believe a fishing day to be priceless. Well, for me that is. No need to tell I will be fishing not watching big brother. :p :D
Cheers
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Thomas, I certainly didn't understand Bernd's FP the way you did. In fact - the complete opposite way. Bernd was talking social media in general and observing his own behaviour on social media. If anything, he was taking a critical look at himself.

How much fishing time am I spending on social media? 0%... Simply because I don't have Bernd's drive to fish every single second of my time. When I'm fishing, I'm fishing. But I don't fish 360 days a year and propbably never will. I don't think Bernd spends any fishing on social media either. Bernd, you are probably only online on social media when you're *not* fishing, so a better question would be: How much of your toilet-time do you spend on social media :-)?
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

360 is really difficult. You have those days when you travel. I’ve thought about fishing at the airport, Singapore could be outstanding. 330, that’s pretty easy. However thanks to Bernd I am trying to up my game into the 350s, I have been there before… and then if we get a Covid-free year I’ll kick his arse and fish them all. Just for the record I usually fish twice per day but only count it as one. :cool:

I had no idea who or what Bernd was talking about in the last post. :p He explained it to me via messenger. You definitely won’t get me living in a house!

What I don’t know is how it would be if I was 30 years younger. I don’t actually know if it’s possible to make a living flyfishing purely through SM. It’s hard enough already! But maybe it is, and if so then good luck to that! My goal has always been to fish as much as possible, in places that attract me, really trying to master each one. I’ve fished over 10,000 days now, I plan/hope to fish 20-25,000. That’s actually how I measure my life. (Just mine – no one else’s!). If someone can do that through SM then awesome!

Personally I don’t think it is possible. Sponsorship deals are usually tackle and rarely cash. To make it happen you are going to have to appeal outside the FFing industry. But if it’s tied up with the things we do ie teaching/guiding/tackle, then it should be very possible.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

Bernd I love seeing on FB pics of the fish you catch. I love that what is possible with fly tackle, is even today constantly being pushed, and that more and more species are being taught that they can eat flies too. I love seeing the guys in Great Britain are nutting out the mullet on the flats, and there's even that long haired feral hippy looking guy in the Malaysian rainforests training up weird shit to eat flies. Treat social media as a source of information and communication, learn to use the unfriend button to your advantage, and as always choose your friends well. Morsie - in a 6 week lockdown with who knows what's ahead of us - but the days are getting longer and warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hippy, feral, caveman :laugh: Having a blast mate. Hope to see you over here sometime. You would absolutely love this fishing. I’ll even let you try dredging them!! :D

Flycasting Definitions
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

Would love to do that Paul but it's all a bit up to shit at the moment though. We thought THESE would be the good old days, but it seems THOSE were the good old days. I don't have a snakehead on my species list. Would love to show you how to bend a rod properly, the way you fight them you must be concerned those rods of yours are going to explode. :???: :???: :???: :whistle: ;) I have been watching...............hahaha. Best to you mate, you're in a pretty good spot there under the current circumstances.
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s all about stopping force and you cannot let them run. If they pull 20’ you’re fucked!! Game over. Even 50lb leader touching a bamboo snag will part like butter. Things start to break leader-wise at around 15KG.

When they flooded the lake they didn’t deforest it. Great fun and feels totally brutal! It’s quite difficult to teach actually, especially for guests used to solely playing fish off the reel. I’ll need to find a way of doing this. I have dumbbells in the boat – which gives me an idea of a video that can be tried at home! :666:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”