PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Constant Acceleration

Moderator: Torsten

Walter
Answers: 0

Re: Constant Acceleration

Post by Walter »

Just to add a bit more - you can have average speed and average velocity and you can have instantaneous speed and instantaneous velocity. If your velocity or speed is constant then the average and instantaneous values will be the same.

In order to determine instantaneous values when they are not constant you need to take the derivative of the displacement vs time function.

It is possible, mathematically, that you can’t determine the instantaneous value at every point in time of the rate of change of something even though you can determine it’s average value and you have a well defined time based function for the something. With respect to displacement that would only happen at the quantum level in the real world.

If we wanted to determine the work done on an object using the formula W = F x d it’s straightforward if F(d) is constant but if F(d) is not constant then we would need to integrate force with respect to distance to get the total work done.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Bernd Ziesche
Answers: 0

Re: Constant Acceleration

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Hi Walter,
You holding any stocks in the anti headache pills department? ;) :D
I will have to reread to make sure I fully get that!
Sometimes I wish we would have a German language week here! :p
Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.

Return to “Flycasting Physics”