PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Bright Red Double Taper

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

LauraPalmer
Answers: 0

Bright Red Double Taper

Post by LauraPalmer »

Hi guys,

Does anyone remember those very bright red double taper line for teaching, that was made in a small batch (maybe even an SL member initiated it?) quite a few years ago? It came in a cheesy but funny packaging with a skull on it "Ultra Pitsford Pirate Fly Line; SKB fly fishing; Made in the UK" I didn't find the original thread and in the www I only found some facebook group called like that, but I don't have fb...

Since it came out, it is my go to line for casting classes(so easy to see, even better than MED)... And I also loved to fish it - so I bought a few other DTs for my trout and grayling fishing... And while I always thought a DT is a DT - nothing more than a level line with a taper on each side to it, I don't enjoy another DT like this one and it's showing its age now... I wish I had bought 5 of them when they were available...

So, does anyone know if it can still be bought somewhere in a 'normal' color or does anyone know what DT from another manufacturer comes close to it? Was it produced by Air-flo(why barstool? :D ) - feels more like PU than PVC to me..? Any info would be appriciated!

VGB

Re: Bright Red Double Taper

Post by VGB »

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

Exactly! They are also still made in that bright color...

Thanks a lot! :-)

Regards,

Gerhard
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

it produced by Air-flo(why barstool? :D )
Long Story :)
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

I can only imagine - my guess would be either Air-Stool or the forum (or Paul) offended the other, one thing led to another and so it became the brand who must not be named... :D (as long as no sneaky lawyers were involved...)

Guy from the onlineshop hasn't answered my mail yet, but I guess I'll just order anyway...
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Oh lawyers were involved. God dealt with them.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

Holy lord... lawyers(am one myself) are the worst... to avoid the bad taste in my mouth - no more barstools in my house... :D

Return to “Tackle”