PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Gabby hand casting

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Gabby hand casting

Post by Paul Arden »

Hantu Tetek. She is out there.

Funny when I was at the resort bar I met a butler who was looking after a villa. One evening he told me he had “met an evil presence” and he had recited the Koran and it left. I said “I’m sorry mate; that was Hantu Tetek; she follows me everywhere!” :laugh:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB
Answers: 0

Post by VGB »

Graeme H wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am I don't think all left-handers are deviants, but I could be wrong ... :D
Only a minority of us are :D but we are more likely to be schizophrenic and are better at lateral thinking. We also tend to do better than average at sports but I think that is in part because right handers are used to playing against right handers and many lefties are ambidextrous. Playing cricket, I would often change hands while the bowler was walking away from me and switch during badminton rallies so that I was always playing forehand shots. You’d be surprised how long it took some people to work out what was going on.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Have you tried hauling with your left hand when casting right-handed over your left shoulder?

It´s a bit like open-hand drumming. Here is where I am coming from. Most drummers play the hi-hat with their right hand and hit the snare with their left. The HiHat stand - these two cymbals on pedal operated stand - are on the left side of the snare drum. The Snare drum is typically placed in the middle of a drumkit. So to play this way, one has to cross the arms. The hi-hat and the snare are often hit simultaneously, similar to a double stroke. Switching the hands so the left plays n the hi-hat and the right in the snare feels strange. However, it works better when one crosses the arms the other way around. So when working on ambidextrous techniques, one works on crossing / not crossing the arms.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Hi Thomas, I hope that you are well?
Have you tried hauling with your left hand when casting right-handed over your left shoulder?
That’s the wrong way around for me :D I think that drumming is one of the skills that has significant read across to casting. Not just for tempo but the ability to move the hands at different speeds and directions simultaneously. I did listen to a very geeky podcast about learning based on this stuff. It was fascinating but a bit too much science for here.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Beginners”