PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Gabby hand casting

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Gabby hand casting

Post by Paul Arden »

I think it means for a right handed caster, controlling the haul with his left hand, the timing of the cast happens with right side of the brain. Need a neurologist on the Board!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
whinging pom
Answers: 0

Post by whinging pom »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:55 am I think it means for a right handed caster, controlling the haul with his left hand, the timing of the cast happens with right side of the brain. Need a neurologist on the Board!
So does that mean left handers have reverse sided brains?
(Bless! :cool: )
How deep does this affliction go?

Genuinely concerned Pom.
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
VGB

Post by VGB »

Because we live in a right handed world, left handers have to be more adaptable. Therefore, we use the non dominant hemisphere far more than right handers and have a better developed brain

Regards

The Mekon
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Actually I believe left handed is the sign of the devil.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Devils are people too :666: :666: :666:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:52 am Actually I believe left handed is the sign of the devil.
That’s where we get the word sinister from. “Sinistral” means left side in Latin. The association with evil is (obviously) unfounded but deeply rooted in our culture.
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I think there might be something in it.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Yeah, but you live in the jungle and worry about getting rogered by a ghost with big t1ts

whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

VGB wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:54 am Yeah, but you live in the jungle and worry about getting rogered by a ghost with big t1ts
As always with this forum I find I am learning so much more than expected :???:

Sininstral eh? Explains I guess the silly superstition and why my fathers generation were forced under threat to write right handed at school.
Why do people do it though?( like with hand writing,) is it from an early learning experience? Genetic?, just a common or garden deviation?
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I don't think all left-handers are deviants, but I could be wrong ... :D

Genetics. Someday all right-handers might be wiped out by a particularly virulent disease spread on mobile phone handsets. This is evolution's way of ensuring the species continues on. Nature rarely discards a trait, favouring minimisation instead, just in case we need it in the future (e.g. male nipples, human appendices, the coccyx, etc.)

BTW, right-handedness found in many species to some extent, and in some very weird manifestations: most snails have a "right hand spiral" shell, but there are few within each given species that have a left-hand spiral. Those are worth more to shell collectors.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “Beginners”