PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

6 step TEACHING method

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Stoatstail50
Answers: 0

Re: 6 step TEACHING method

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Yep…that’s what I don’t do 🙂
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Bernd Ziesche wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:51 pm Minute 22:30
Good example of a quick help to make the student see what should be seen from the student's perspective. How hovering looks like, when done right.

The natural world order probably remains as it is. 😁😉
Hi Bernd

It might be a good example but you don’t get to see the student perform after, so we don’t know. What do you think that the student was paying attention to; his own movements, the outcome of the movement, or the barrage of words coming in his ear?

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

VGB wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:24 am It might be a good example but you don’t get to see the student perform after, so we don’t know. What do you think that the student was paying attention to; his own movements, the outcome of the movement, or the barrage of words coming in his ears
Hi Vince,
For students it often isn't easy to concentrate on one key, while other keys are still out of control. Here we see the student yet isn't happy with his loops and that leads him to look up at his tip, making it harder to see the hovering within the very next moment.
Steve does know (as do I) from experience, that it often helps to help with not having to focus on the loops so much, but looking at the hovering instead. Steve asks him 3 times to see the hovering and the student positively responds everytime. According to his look he focuses the right area. I am sure the student got it. I have done this myself so often, and it always works just fine and quick. If I would be in doubt due to a no better performance afterwards, I'd ask to explain the hovering.
Making sure my student a) understands what and how to do and b) can focus on only that for the moment always was key to best success for me.
To answer your question, the student listened to what Steve said and saw what it was about.
Steve has been teaching so many students, he would sense, if this part of teaching did not work.
Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Funny thing Bernd, is that I was so busy watching the student, I had no idea what Steve said. Maybe it’s my limited mental capacity :D
I think the teaching prior to that was excellent, timing and brevity of the feedback was good.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Teaching”