PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

On Form

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

On Form

Post by Paul Arden »

Is anyone using On Form much? I’ve played with it a bit. I think there are some benefits and am considering it as an addition to what I do. Obviously seeing yourself on video is quite a gamechanger but there are other ways to do that

So for me it’s about will it gain anything that I’m not currently doing, and how much work is involved?

Tell me if I’m wrong but I envision full analysis of a casting clip to be about an hour of work. Download, analyse, find a comparison clip, draw, voiceover and so on. And then Upload. If it’s coming in, then going out, then this is quite a lot of work.

I don’t think it’s anything like as useful as spending an hour in person or via video conferencing. But as an addition I think it might have value. I’m not entirely sure however that it is cost effect because it’s going to double the cost of courses.

Anyone using this in our or other coaching? In swimming I see great value. Perhaps even the best way! Which has made me reconsider.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: On Form

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Was considering it, I know the american ffi instructors love it, but its Apple based and won't work with android, and as the inventor said, won't for a good while yet.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: On Form

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ll experiment some more. It’s 300USD/year, which is fine, if I’m using it. I think I’ll offer it to a couple of my longer term students first, to see how much time is involved and how beneficial it is.

It’s double the work and so double the price. I don’t know if it’s twice as good however :D But you don’t know until you find out.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”