PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Tilting the Triangle

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: Tilting the Triangle

Post by VGB »

Damaging in the wrong hands
It is always a risk with self teaching any skill that is learnt without any check of understanding or feedback, caveat emptor. You should have seen me learn wood turning from a book :D :D

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
VGB

Post by VGB »

Going back to offline discussions I had with Lee at the time, the intent of the videos was to guide instructors in how to use the method not to teach learners remotely. It was prompted by seeing videos of the technique posted on line that contained fundamental errors. He followed it up with a FFI CPD walking other instructors through the detail, it was an excellent session.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

That may well have been Lees intent but the point is that that is not the message received by some learners watching online. As amply evidenced at the weekend.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I guess there was always a risk of falling between 2 stools but I know you are not tightly scripted and tailor your message on the hoof because you have to, no lesson plan survives first contact.

Anyway, I’ve got to finish painting a gate and I’ve watched the karate kid.

VGB

Post by VGB »

VGB wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:14 am Anyway, I’ve got to finish painting a gate and I’ve watched the karate kid.
Mr Miyagi said f’all about checking that you’d bought exterior varnish and not interior :evil:

Boisker

Post by Boisker »

VGB wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:57 pm
VGB wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:14 am Anyway, I’ve got to finish painting a gate and I’ve watched the karate kid
Mr Miyagi said f’all about checking that you’d bought exterior varnish and not interior :evil:
The first sign of madness is talking to yourself….
The second is talking to mad people😂
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Mark, yes this is definitely a problem. It’s come up before. It is possible to put it in there. Another option is a drills package. I’m happy to give them stroke length if you’ll give them trajectory. :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

I think Graeme covers it nicely in his post 35 in the Rot/Trans thread. All anyone ever hears about is rotation.

Drilling for translation and/or trajectory is easy. Dealing with the rotation ear worm is very difficult. Not just for the instructor but for the caster.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Return to “Teaching”