PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Flips, soke and punk

Commenting on the Sexyloops’ Front Page
whinging pom
Answers: 0

Flips, soke and punk

Post by whinging pom »

The articles great Thankyou , perfect for us duffers or on casting drills, A video or two would be a great resource if you get time.

Pom
Edit ..ps, that freestyle casting video, is it time to try some different music, the Viennese blood walt by Strauss gives it a whole new feel, and the abridged version of The thieving Magpie by Rossini transforms it🤣

The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Flips, soke and punk

Post by Paul Arden »

Yeah I’m sure it does :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
alanj

Post by alanj »

Is this - What music do we think Paul should dance to?
Clearly "John I'm only dancing" by Bowie.

Although lots of others would also be amusing.
Cheers
Alan

bad and getting worse :blush:
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

alanj wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:59 pm Is this - What music do we think Paul should dance to?
Clearly "John I'm only dancing" by Bowie.

Although lots of others would also be amusing.
It actually takes the frantic edge of it and makes it look graceful and controlled and measured. In the eye of the beholder I guess!

But No! This about a really useful and enlightening FP by his nibs that was just what the doctor ordered. I’m dying to see some of this advice in practice and start working the techniques, I flirted with the slip in the snake roll cast but never really mastered it to any consistency.
WP
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I was actually casting to Zoran’s Whole Lotta Rosie in the boat in real time (at least for the first segment). But ultimately slowed the video speed to 50% and kept the music at full speed. If you speed it up to full time it will to the music. I remember showing both versions to a few people before I uploaded and they preferred the slower version.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Pom,

For slipping on the Snake Roll, obviously on the lift itself, but again as you as you start to sweep the rod tip under again. Really the best way to work out where you can slip is to work out where you cannot. The times you cannot are at the start of the rapid accelerations.

Incidentally instead of drawing a circle or a letter “e” with the rod tip, draw a rugby ball shape or even two back to back snap casts, one over and one under.

I’ve been meaning to do some more Spey videos for quite some years actually!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “FP Discussions”