PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Humidity, Air Conditions and Casting

Moderator: Torsten

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: Humidity, Air Conditions and Casting

Post by VGB »

Boisker wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:05 pm In the mean time I’ve been amusing myself by winding up friends and my other half by supporting Sarries (obviously not against Exeter) who they all obviously dislike… trolling friends lies at the heart of all good sport😂
Northern Sarries fans are like the Yeovil Liverpool supporters, too desperate to be associated with a winning side :p
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It always seemed a bit odd to me. I did read his book a long time ago where he discussed HLHS.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:09 pm It always seemed a bit odd to me. I did read his book a long time ago where he discussed HLHS.
I recall that weight training for improving your casting was quite a hot topic here a few years ago. I enjoyed the Ritz book though, some of it was very forward thinking, including a note covering Bernsteins repetition without repetition and blocking.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Boisker

Post by Boisker »

VGB wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:08 am
Boisker wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:05 pm In the mean time I’ve been amusing myself by winding up friends and my other half by supporting Sarries (obviously not against Exeter) who they all obviously dislike… trolling friends lies at the heart of all good sport😂
Northern Sarries fans are like the Yeovil Liverpool supporters, too desperate to be associated with a winning side :p
I don’t support them, just like winding friends up who hate them😂; to be honest I support Exeter, as they are my most local club… but it doesn’t really worry too much either way, RU is more international focus for me.

Now RL, that’s different, season tickets at Wigan with my dad from 4.5 yrs old until I left home… I haven’t seen a live game for over 25 yrs, but I still hate St Helens, Widnes and Warrington…. On my death bed having not seen a live RL game for 50yrs I’ll still smile and get that warm feeling if I read St Helens have lost😂
Walter

Post by Walter »

Fly casting trivial pursuit. I think Mark needs this for his next pub night.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:09 pm It always seemed a bit odd to me. I did read his book a long time ago where he discussed HLHS.

Cheers, Paul
More trivia :glare: :D

It is interesting, at least IMO, how much of Joan's methodology is straight out of Ritz'.

And now back to our regularly scheduled science program... .
VGB

Post by VGB »

easterncaster wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:04 pm And now back to our regularly scheduled science program... .

VGB

Post by VGB »

Walter

Post by Walter »

easterncaster wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:04 pm
It is interesting, at least IMO, how much of Joan's methodology is straight out of Ritz'.
IMG_0708.jpeg
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

One of our issues is the only thing that changes is the terminology.

John

Return to “Flycasting Physics”