PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Christmas Present

Moderator: Haggisboy

VGB
Answers: 0

Christmas Present

Post by VGB »

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
James9118

Re: Christmas Present

Post by James9118 »

I'm a bit of a philistine when it comes to things like this - I have a definite limit when it comes to what I will pay for a drink. Would I taste the difference between this £1000 bottle versus a £40 single malt? Maybe they would taste a bit different, but would I pay an extra £960 for that difference - maybe I wouldn't even like the £1000 bottle. I think people 'like' the expensive stuff purely because it's expensive, and that makes them feel special. I just go by how pissed it will get me - and a £40 bottle of 40% proof does just a good a job as a £1000 bottle of £40% proof.

On a similar subject - every year Tracy and I buy her dad a bottle of Penderyn whisky for Christmas - he then drinks it with coke :D :D :D

James
VGB

Post by VGB »

I suspect it has more to do with them becoming collectibles rather than being an exceptional taste, although I can tell the difference between a £40 bottle and a £5 one, most of the time. It’s a bit like paying millions for a stamp that you can’t use to send a letter. At that price, you should be able to send a letter back in time.
James9118 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:36 pm On a similar subject - every year Tracy and I buy her dad a bottle of Penderyn whisky for Christmas - he then drinks it with coke :D :D :D
You should be allowed to divorce your parents :D :D

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

So let’s say someone gave you such a bottle.

Would you:

A) sell it and buy a new rod
B) put it in storage as investment
Or C) drink it :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

I am a definite (c). My wife bought me a 60 year old cognac but won’t tell me what it cost, it is being drank very occasionally. If I need a new rod, I’ll just whittle it :D

Regards

Vince

Walter

Post by Walter »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:12 am So let’s say someone gave you such a bottle.

Would you:

I would:

D) buy the nastiest and cheapest bottle of sheep dip I could find, swap the contents of the two bottles and then share the “good stuff” with friends and relatives on special occasions. The “sheep dip” would get consumed slowly and in private.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
VGB

Post by VGB »

What year sheep dip are we talking about? I’m not going to drink the crap stuff.

Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:12 am So let’s say someone gave you such a bottle.

Would you:

Put a straw in that bitch 😎

Return to “Manshit”