PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Post by VGB »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:18 am So do you think there should be a separate assessment for the few that want to become teachers Bernd ?
Defining how to assess teaching qualities would take a bit of thought. The current tasks are pretty much a monologue from the candidate expressing their mechanics knowledge, and a long way away from what happens with a real student.

regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I am sure you learn more about yourself than you do about your competitors
For sure. Only very few there are actually competing against others. The rest just want to see you do well. In fact even the better competitors will want that too.

I think I have a snow lesson! Back later.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Post by Walter »

My experience is that you get much better when you train with the best. Great coaching also helps. I can’t remember any of them ever being concerned with anything beyond very basic physics.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:18 am
So do you think there should be a separate assessment for the few that want to become teachers Bernd ?
Isn’t the FFI working on a certification for instructors who have no intention of learning anything about instructing? I’m looking forward to seeing how candidates will undemonstrate their lack of teaching ability. I hope they have a master level.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I think it’s a modification of the unteaching programme that you undergo when you leave the FFI, where they remove everything you know about instruction and leave enough room in your head for new stuff like baking bread and crosswords.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Walter wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:01 am
Stoatstail50 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:18 am
So do you think there should be a separate assessment for the few that want to become teachers Bernd ?
Isn’t the FFI working on a certification for instructors who have no intention of learning anything about instructing? I’m looking forward to seeing how candidates will undemonstrate their lack of teaching ability. I hope they have a master level.
Nope, the plan is for already certified instructors to work on a program designed to teach people who don’t want to be assessed as instructors how to be an instructor anyway. The entire point of it is to avoid certifying people who already instruct but are anti-instructor assessment.

At the moment, on recent evidence, this will involve teaching someone, who doesn’t seem to think there’s anything to new to learn, about instructional practices which actively retard learning. In this way, a learner who hasn’t given up or blown their own brains out in frustration, eventually has to go to a certified instructor anyway…probably the same one that taught the anti-instructor how to anti-instruct in the first place.

This is a very cunning plan.🙂
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Is this an FFI initiative or a FFI CICP initiative?

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Incidentally I believe in qualified instructors/coaches and always thought it was a great thing. Vast troves of information we take for granted now came from professional instructor associations. And as long as they don’t stop improving and stick their heads in the sand, then it’s a great thing. True, committees can be a pain in the arse to deal with and what we really needed was someone like Chris to teach us how to deal with them. :laugh:

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

FFI BoD
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Fly casting anti instructors worldwide would unapplaud the decision if only someone wouldn’t show them how to.

It really boggles the mind to think that there are billions of uncertified instructors out there.

Return to “Teaching”